The Essential Elements of an Edmund Rice Christian Brother Education calls 教育al ministry sites and those working in them to...
I. Evangelize Youth within the 任务 of the Church.
- proclaim the Good 新闻 of Jesus Christ in word and deed
- permeate the entire curriculum, activities, and all aspects of the 教育al process with the Gospel message of Jesus Christ
- encourage young people to a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ
- provide opportunities for liturgies, retreats, vocation awareness workshops and daily prayer
II. Proclaim and Witness to 天主教 Identity.
- give priority to religious instruction with opportunities for faith development and theological 理解
- participate in the sacramental life of the Church and model a living faith through the use of rituals and symbols
- foster devotion to Mary and the communion of saints
- ensure that 天主教 identity permeates all endeavors: all classes and activities, procedures and policies, services and programs
3. Stand in Solidarity with those Marginalized by Poverty and Injustice.
- promote policies and structures that reflect a climate of compassion for the poor and 弱势群体
- include 教育 and advocacy for peace, justice, global awareness, and care for the Earth
- prepare students to work toward the creation of a just society
- encourage ministry experiences that work with and serve the poor and marginalized
- support mission areas at home and abroad
- establish tuition and scholarship policies that open 教育al opportunities to the poor and 弱势群体
IV. Foster and Invigorate a Community of Faith.
- provide a disciplined, safe atmosphere in which students are free to grow and take responsibility for their own learning and for the life of the community
- sustain compassionate, respectful relationships among all stakeholders
- be in union with the Church through commitment to service and 形成 of community
- encourage faculty and staff to give daily witness to their integral role in communal faith 形成
- embrace the human condition and welcome God's healing
V. Celebrate the Value & Dignity of each Person; Nurture Development of the Whole Person.
- promote respect for each individual as created in the image and likeness of God
- value the diversity of the human family and seek to reflect diversity among the students, faculty, and staff
- promote strong programs for personal, professional, and pastoral care
- offer co-curricular activities and programs that are important to a student's holistic 教育
- strive to provide just remuneration for faculty and staff
VI. Collaborate and Share Responsibility for the 任务.
- empower all members of the community to share in the mission
- work with parents who are the primary educators
- collaborate with Edmund Rice Christian Brother ministries on local, regional, and international levels
- foster a deeper 理解 of the vision of Blessed Edmund
- promote active participation in governance by boards and diocesan officials
7. Pursue Excellence in all Endeavors.
- promote a strong academic curriculum and cultivate a desire for excellence
- develop an 教育al culture that fosters the growth of the whole person, higher-order thinking, and life-long learning